Dr. Fera has been a licensed Chiropractor since 1991. He obtained his B.Sc. in Human Kinetics from the University of Guelph in 1987 and his Doctor of Chiropractic designation in 1991. Originally from Sudbury, Ontario, Dr. Fera has worked as a Race Medical Assistant on the INDY, IMSA and CART race car circuits. He has participated in a number of crash reconstructions involving the use of live test subjects and the BioRid II dummy. He currently is the cast chiropractor for the Sudbury Theatre Centre and Theatre Cambrian, and is the Clinical Director of Southside Health and Rehabilitation. Dr. Fera additionally is the chiropractic consultant working on a multidisciplinary team, conducting WSIB and Motor Vehicle Collision related injury assessments at Health Sciences North. He travels extensively throughout Northern Ontario conducting Independent Assessments.
REGISTRATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
• College of Chiropractors of Ontario registered
• Acupuncture Council of Ontario registered
• American Chiropractic Board Certified
• Member: Ontario Chiropractic Association, Canadian Chiropractic Association
• Member: Acupuncture Council of Ontario
• Member: International Association for the Study of Pain
• Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics, University of Guelph 1987
• Doctor of Chiropractic, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College 1991
• Graduate of the Academy of Traditional Acupuncture, 1996
• Independent Examiner: 1995- Present
• Financial Services Commission of Ontario rostered Medical Rehabilitation DAC assessor- Sudbury Regional Hospital: Laurentian Site 1997- 2006: Richmond Hill Rehabilitation Centre 2000- 2006.
• Financial Services Commission of Ontario rostered Disability DAC assessor: Canadian Back Institute, Sudbury, 1995- 2006.
• Post offer of employment testing: Weston Bakeries. 2007- Present
• Post offer of Employment testing: Canada Post 2010- Present
Diversified, Thompson, Activator, Traditional Chinese Acupuncture. Adjunctive therapy includes electrotherapeutics, nutritional, and exercise counseling.
• University of Ottawa Family Medicine Residency Program
• Palliative Care Seminars
• Creative Approaches to Care: Geriatrics Conference
• Trends for Pain Management in Long Term Care
• Midwifery Program Laurentian University
• Laurentian University, Medical Ethics
• Nurse Practitioner Program, Laurentian University School of Health Sciences
• Family Physician Resident Rounds - Northern Ontario School of Medicine
• May 2002 -Aug 2003: Spine Research Institute of San Diego: Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology
• August 2003:Low speed Rear Collision Accident Reconstruction Certification
• April 2007: Acupuncture Physiatry
• October 2007:BTE / Hanoun Functional Capacity Assessment
• October 2006- 207 : Chiropractic Rehabilitation Fellowship program
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
• Independent Network of Chiropractors 1997- 2001:Awarded Chiropractor of the year 1998/99
• Member: Laurentian University School of Midwifery: Candidate selection committee
• Cast Chiropractor: Theater Cambrian and Sudbury Theater Center
• Tournament Chiropractor: Scott Tournament of Hearts, 2001, Ontario Pro Beach Volley ball Circuit 1991
• Former Emergency Medical Assistant: IMSA, CART and INDY race circuit
• Former Fitness Consultant and Appraiser, Agincourt Ontario
• Northern Lights Festival Coordinator
• Former Board Member: Sudbury Brain Injury Association, Sudbury Theater Center, Science North Foundation, Sudbury Regional Hospital Fundraising - Professional Cabinet.